Write a 50- to 100-word response to each of the following questions Week 1 Chapter Questions.docx
1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1attachment_1attachment_1
Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. How do you think the principle of uniformitarianism accounts for occasional catastrophic events
such as meteorite impacts, huge volcanic eruptions, or great earthquakes?
2. In what ways do geologic processes affect your daily life?
1. Would a rock formed from cemented particles of volcanic ash be igneous or sedimentary? Can
you think of other circumstances that might form rocks that are intermediate between two of
the major rock families?
2. Identify which of the following materials are minerals and why: water, beach, sand, diamond,
wood, vitamin pill, gold nugget, fishbone, and emerald. Should a synthetic diamond be
considered a true mineral?
1. How old are the rock formations in the area where you live and attend college or university?
How can you find out the answer to this question?
2. Chose one of the geologic periods or epochs l and Find out all you can about the 3.8 table. How
is the rock formations from that period identified? What are its most characteristic fossils?
Where are the best samples of rock from your chosen period from?
1. The earth and Venus are so similar in size and overall composition that they are almost twins.
Why did these two planets evolve so differently? Why is earth’s atmosphere rich in oxygen and
poor in carbon dioxide, whereas the reverse is true on Venus? What would happen to Earth’s
oceans if Earth were a little bit closer to the sun?
2. What do you think might have happened to Mammals if the end of cretaceous extinction had
not wiped out the dinosaurs?
Purchase answer to see full
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: