1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1attachment_1attachment_1
Unformatted Attachment Preview
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
COMBINED TABLE – CONGRESS – COMBINING HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND SENATE
These charts are for exercise purposes only. It does not depict the actual numbers represented in the
US Government today.
Must show calculations/formula for credit. Any answer given with no calculations shown will
result in no credit for that answer.
Please answer the questions below and show your work where applicable. All answers should be
proportions rounded to the nearest thousandths (3 decimals). For Example: this is what is required to be
shown if I ask this question – shown is how you are expected to answer: (please note that this is the
correct formula and process whenever an or question is asked)
Find the probability that a Senate is a Male or a Democrat:
93/126 + 75/126 – 54/126 = 114/126=.905
1. Find the probability that a randomly selected House of Representative is a male.
2. Find the probability that a randomly selected Senator is a female.
3. A House of Representative member is selected at random. Find the probability of each event:
a. The representative is a female
b. The representative is an independent.
c. The representative is a female given that the representative is a Republican
d. The representative is female and a Democrat
4. A Senator is selected at random. Find the probability of each event
a. The senator is a male
b. The senator is not a Republican
c. The senator is female or a Republican
d. The senator is a male or a Democrat
5. Using the same row and column headings, create a combined table for the Congress (template
created for you above – you can just fill in the table I already created)
6. A member of Congress is selected at random. Use the combined table to find the probability of
a. The member is Independent
b. The member is female and a Democrat
c. The member is male or a Democrat
Purchase answer to see full
Explanation & Answer:
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: