1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1attachment_1attachment_1
Unformatted Attachment Preview
HIS-144: The Development of the American Economy
Directions: Respond to the five questions below using resources from the Topic 4 Readings,
including your textbook, materials provided by your instructor through class discussion, and
materials from the GCU Library Guide for HIS-144 US History Themes.
The overall assignment must include three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is
expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines,
which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Wikipedia, Ask.com, ehow.com and other online information sites, encyclopedias, or
dictionaries are not considered university academic sources and are NOT TO BE USED.
1. Explain Henry Clay’s American System. How did this promote a spirit of nationalism in
America? (100-200 words)
2. Discuss America’s transportation revolution in the first half of the 1800s. What role did
government play in the development of roads, canals, railroads, and steamboats? (100200 words)
3. Identify three major industries (not including the railroad) of America’s Industrial
Revolution after the Civil War. What made the men who controlled them so successful?
4. Explain the importance of the transcontinental railroad. In what ways did the
transcontinental railroad change America? (100-200 words)
5. Explain the origins and growth of early labor unions in the United States. In what way
did they change America? (150-200 words)
Purchase answer to see full
Explanation & Answer:
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: