just 8 questions. Please help me to finish them.
1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1attachment_1attachment_1
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Metr 10: Activity 9
Due: Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 (at 11:59 P.M.)
Submit electronically via Canvas (.doc, .docx, or .pdf format).
Please use complete sentences.
Email or see me in office hours if you have questions.
Each question is worth 1.25 points (10 points total for this activity).
1. What is an air mass?
2. How come continental polar air is a welcome relief to the Midwest in the summer, but
unwelcome in the winter?
3. Why are the boundaries between air masses more distinct in winter than summer?
4. What is a cold front? How is it drawn on a weather map? What weather occurs during passage of
a cold front?
5. What is a warm front? How is it drawn on a weather map? What weather occurs during passage
of a warm front?
6. What are the six stages of development of a mid-latitude cyclone, according to polar front
theory? Describe each stage.
7. If upper-level divergence exceeds surface convergence, will a surface cyclone strengthen or
8. In the wintertime over the eastern half of the USA, why do surface lows undergoing cyclogenesis
generally move toward the northeast?
Purchase answer to see full
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: