Internet Problem 7 CSUEB 2015- Sea Ice.doc
Here’s another one similar to the last one. 10 questions, the necessary links to the relevant information can be found within the attachment.
1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1attachment_1attachment_1
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Internet Problem 7: Sea Ice
Go to the National Snow and Ice Data Center webpage:
1) What is the National Snow and Ice Data Center? What do they do?
At the top right select About the Cryosphere to answer the following questions, IN YOUR OWN
Or go directly:
2) What is the “Cryosphere”?
3) What is sea ice?
4) What is the difference between sea ice and glacial ice?
5) How are icebergs formed?
Do icebergs originate from sea ice or glaciers?
7) What does the term “ice extent” mean?
8) Has the Arctic always had ice in the summer?
9) What is the difference between the seasonal patterns of Arctic ice in comparison to Antarctic
10) What is the explanation for these variations?
Here are few additional links
Arctic Sea Ice Extent 2014
Expeditions and Research
Purchase answer to see full
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: