Please solve these exercises, and show your work. Thank you
1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1attachment_1attachment_1
Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. (a) (8 points) Find the remainder of 51011 modulo 303
(b) (10 points) Find all r e Z solutions to 155x = 75 mod 65, if any exist.
2. Consider the following problems in Z7:
(a) (6 points) Find all of the roots of the polynomial h(2) = 73 + 4.×2 ++1 € Z7
(b) (10 points) For f(x) = 26 + 325 + 4×2 – 3x + 2 and g(x) = 3×2 + 2x – 3 in Z-[z], find q(2) and
r(x) as described by the division algorithm so that f(x) = g(x)q(2) +r(2). Be sure to reduce your
final answers mod 7.
3. Determine whether the following polynomials are irreducible in Z (Hint: you should be able to prove
these using the methods from lecture in section 23).
(a) (10 points) f(x) = 23 – 82x + 432
226 – 1
(b) (10 points) g(x) = = 25+ 24 +23 +22 ++1
4. (15 points) Count the number of irreducible polynomials of degree 3 in the polynomial ring Z5  (Hint:
you do not have to list every polynomial to make your argument formal).
5. Determine whether the following statements are true or false. Justify with a proof or a counterexample.
(a) (7 points) 0:RxR+C with o(a,b)) = a + bi is an isomorphism.
(b) (7 points) 3Z/9Z – Z3 as rings.
(c) (7 points) For a ring R, it is possible to have a, b & R* and ab € RX
6. (10 points) Give an example of a non-commutative ring of characteristic 2, or prove that none exists.
Purchase answer to see full
values of a variable
Roots of The Polynomial
the highest exponent
product of two non constant polynomials
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: