please answer the following questions: 1) What were the impacts of the Great Depression on American Indians, according to the article? https://www.encyclopedia.com/economics/encyclopedi…
The great depression was a time of great struggle and societal insecurity for everyonewithin the United States but for no one more then the Native American population.NativeAmericans were plagued by forced assimilation, poverty, poor health, and poor educationthroughout the beginning of the 19thcentury which was even more difficult to deal withbecause the Native American population is being denied its fundamental rights to property freespeech and free exercise of religion.The Native Americans land was continuously stolenthrough fraud and state tax sales. Poverty within the Native American community was anepidemic, the Meriam Report concluded that approximately 2% of native Americans made morethan $500 per year and that the vast majority (96%) made less than $200 per year.
2) What were the impacts of the Indian Citizenship Act? https://www.encyclopedia.com/economics/encyclopedi…
3) What was the Meriam Report, and what were its impacts?The Meriam Report provided much of the data used to reform American Indian policy through new legislation: the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934. It strongly influenced succeeding policies in land allotment, education, and health care. The report found generally that the federal government was failing at its goals of protecting Native Americans, their land, and their resources, both personal and cultural.
4) What did Roosevelt’s New Deal entail, and what were its effects on Native Americans? How did the New Deal build off of/connect to previous events from previous lessons?The law protected and restored land to American Indians, encouraged self-government, increased educational opportunities, and made available much-needed credit for small farms.
5) Briefly define what Termination and Relocation policies were. Next, explain the events that led up to these decisions, and what the lasting effects of these policies were.http://rustbeltlegacy.net/history.html
6) Lastly, compare/contrast the American government’s perspective versus American Indian tribes’ perspectives regarding Termination and Relocation, as discussed in Prof. Mayfield’s lecture.
7) Lastly, please reflect on what resonated with you this week. Please share your thoughts, reactions, or connections here.Don’t forget to reach the full 300 word minimum requirement,
Explanation & Answer:
Indian Citizenship Act
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool’s honor code & terms of service.
Reviews, comments, and love from our customers and community: